HEAD OF PROCUREMENT
Hybrid role (after training)
£Excellent, including company car or allowance and many other benefits.
We are seeking a dynamic Procurement Manager Head to join the team of our global client, who are specialists in producing industrial gases. The successful Procurement Manager will be instrumental in developing and implementing innovative procurement strategies tailored to the industrial gas industry. With a keen focus on cost-effectiveness and adaptability to the industry’s growing complexities and challenges, you’ll drive sustainable growth and competitive advantage. If you’re passionate about driving change and achieving excellence in procurement, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity with us. The Procurement Manager will build long-term relationships with other group entities and vendors in the industry, compare proposals for price and specifications, negotiate with vendors to reduce costs, and review contract specifications on behalf of the company. The Procurement Manager will work closely with stakeholders outside of the business, including suppliers of goods and delivery services, and liaise closely with operational teams to manage expectations.
Key responsibilities Procurement Manager:
- Key point of contact for the group’s overall Procurement department.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within the industry.
- Build long-term relationships with vendors in the industry.
- Compare proposals for price and specifications.
- Review and manage company approved vendor list (AVL) on an ongoing basis.
- Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs.
- Review contract specifications on behalf of the UK businesses in conjunction with the legal department.
- Work closely with stakeholders outside of the business, including suppliers of goods and delivery services.
- Liaise closely with the operational teams to manage expectations and keep the logistics timeline up to date.
- Comply with and promote the Company Business Management System, including Compliance, Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality requirements as appropriate.
- Produce monthly savings reports for management review.
Personal specification Procurement Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field or alternatively CIPS level 6 diploma.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement or supply chain management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.