ENGINEERING LEAD PLANNER
£Excellent + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Lead Planner. Reporting to the Engineering Support Services Group Manager, this is a unique opportunity for an Engineering Planner to work within a proactive team who are committed to delivering quality customer service to the Engineering Department. Ideally the Engineering Planner will have a planning or project management background, with experience in a busy Port or Engineering environment being desirable but not essential. The role involves working with multi-discipline Engineering teams in order to ensure that all support & maintenance activities are planned efficiently & effectively to ensure the highest level of availability & reliability for the strategic assets that support Port Operations in and around the Tees Dock estate. The company offer genuine career progression.
Key responsibilities Lead Engineering Planner:
- Planning of support & maintenance activities for strategic assets.
- Planning of compliance (i.e. LOLER/PUWER and other statutory requirements) across a wide range of mobile and fixed assets.
- Planning of resource and material requirements to support all maintenance activities.
- Supporting the Engineering Superintendents/Managers in processing all proactive and reactive work activities.
- Administration of assets, resources and work streams within the ERP system.
- Facilitate planning meetings with key stakeholders.
- Communicate and cascade planning schedule with internal customers.
- Coordinate workstreams with external contractors and third parties.
- Facilitate bi-weekly meetings to cascade plans and vessel movements.
Personal specification Lead Engineering Planner:
- Required Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- ERP System (IFS or Similar).
- Planning or Project Management Qualifications.
- Preferred Knowledge:
- Statutory Compliance (LOLER/PUWER).
- Excellent IT skills.
- Asset management experience.
- Personal Qualities:
- Problem solver.
- Strong analytical, critical and logical thinking.
- Ability to plan strategically within a high pressure environment.
- Accuracy & attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to focus under pressure.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme for personal support (health, finance, etc.).
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution).
- Opportunity to access Training and Development.