Transport Compliance Advisor
TRANSPORT COMPLIANCE ADVISOR
Due to an increase in our business, and our commitment to providing a safe working environment, we are seeking a dedicated Transport Compliance Advisor to work with our transport teams in Teeside, Felixstowe and Groveport, Scunthorpe delivering new working processes and driver training. This is a great opportunity for an individual, possibly from a forces background, to make an impact with a prestigious company, specialising in Port centric logistics and steel distribution. PD Ports has significantly invested into the development of the transport services, with modern vehicle fleets and trailers.
Key responsibilities – Transport Compliance Advisor:
- Developing Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work, reviewing annually.
- Creating new working processes and delivering training to drivers.
- Training personnel in LGV CPC, EU tachograph compliance, safe and fuel-efficient driving methods, vehicle and trailer familiarisation and load security.
- Developing existing working processes and delivering training to drivers.
- Implementing Safe Systems of Work within the operations team, for customers and drivers.
- Implementation of driver processes, and monitoring and management of compliance issues.
- Reviewing new and existing processes, creating and implementing Continuous improvement Plans.
Personal specification Transport Compliance Advisor:
- A sound knowledge of logistics and transport operations
- LGV C+E licence
- National CPC certificate
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Paid driver CPC training/Safety Passport Training.
- LGV medical paid.
- Sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Full uniform provided.
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.).
- On-going training and assessments to help develop individual skills.
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution).