£Excellent + Company vehicle
Nippon Gases are part of the Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation, a Japanese company with more than a hundred years of experience in the industrial gases world, one of the four largest gas companies in the world.
We are looking for a qualified Refrigeration Engineer to join the team of one of the largest producers of industrial gas in the world. Ideally with experience in industrial gas (liquid CO2) or refrigeration and industry associated electrical control systems this is an exciting, newly created, opportunity for an Engineer to join a first-class organisation and a great team. Your primary role as the Technical Support Engineer will be the installation and maintenance of liquid CO2 storage vessels and associated equipment at customer sites but with secondary responsibility to support the Nippon Gases dry ice production site in Dublin and bulk storage terminal in Warren Point. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced refrigeration professional to join an organisation who genuinely look after their employees.
- Support the Operations department in the planning & execution of routine and breakdown maintenance of CO2 Installations/Production and Storage facilities at both our own and customer owned sites.
- Installation and commissioning of CO2 Installations
- The pre delivery inspections and back-feed assessments of CO2 customers
- Assist in the continuous improvement of plant operations
- Availability for plant breakdown call outs
- Provide technical support to all departments, customer base and third-party suppliers when required
- Specify and evaluate suppliers and equipment
- Assist in the control of site maintenance expenditure in accordance with the company’s purchasing procedures.
- Maintain all relevant documentation relating to site maintenance work, including the development and update of the plant maintenance procedures.
- Work in accordance with Company Health, Safety & Quality Policy, safety principles and relevant health and safety legislation
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in refrigeration engineering
- Relevant maintenance experience in an operational environment
- Demonstrated experience in the use of safe systems of work with sound engineering practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Irish, UK and European engineering and pressure systems standards and Health & Safety legislation
- Computer literate with experience of maintenance systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Valid driving licence
Company benefits include – 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Bonus Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme, Charity Work Days, EAP scheme, free tea and coffee