Are you a Planning Manager with a background in construction or civil engineering? We have a great opportunity for a Planning/Co-ordination Manager to join our well- established (30 years) client’s team, one of the UK’s leading specialist installers of stormwater attenuation systems and ground gas protection systems This is a newly created position, reporting to the Contract Director. Looking for a role that encompasses great organisational skills, together with a passion for delivering excellent customer service, this is the role for you.
Key responsibilities – Planning Manager:
- Maintain projects database including product delivery schedules, project programming, crew scheduling, project performance
- Ensure that regional Installation Managers have up to date live information regarding the projects they are managing
- Key liaison with customers and clients regarding deliveries, programme, etc
- Key liaison with supplier regarding product production and delivery
- Administration, HSE documentation, inductions
- Project documentation including liaising with finance dept
- Organising PPE, vehicles, accommodation etc
Personal Specification – Planning Manager:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, a keen eye for detail including small details
- Outstanding communication skills with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Resilient and adaptable – accept that things can and do go wrong, deal with problems in calm and efficient manner; think on your feet!
- Manage / implement / maintain project information tracking, monitoring & recording
- Manage customer expectations – be aware of limitations.
- Maintain customer relationship and help build new ones
- Dedication to customer service
- Receptive to input from colleagues, identify and suggest potential improvements
- Be able to multi-task – adjust actions to suit, liaise, communicate & manage the flow of information
- A ‘make things happen’ attitude
- Proven planning experience
- Is likely to have worked in the construction / civil engineering field previously.