Port Steel Operatives
PORT STEEL OPERATIVES
Shifts 14:00 – 22:00 hours
GROVEPORT, GUNNESS, SCUNTHORPE
£24,438 + OT (occasional)
26 days hols + bank hols, Company Pension Scheme, Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme
We are seeking steel operatives to join the team at Groveport. Steel experience would be advantageous, although full training will be given. Steel Operatives will need a Forklift Truck licence to load steel products onto vehicles destined for our customers by operating the associated plant and equipment within a busy port operation. Other tasks would be to offload ship to shore vehicles and material arriving ex road, tallying products from the vessel and continuous stock taking.
The needs of the business require working flexible hours from Monday to Sunday (working five days out of the seven). The standard working week is 37.5 hours, the company will determine hours of work with overtime being paid after the basic working week. We are seeking enthusiastic operatives who are punctual and not afraid of hard work, outside and in all weathers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Loading steel products onto vehicles destined for customers
- Use of heavy machinery – overhead cranes, 16 and 18 tonne FLT
- Overall responsibility for ensuring safe loading of cargo
- General steel work
- Maintain good housekeeping at all work areas
- Adhere to safe working in the workplace and at all times comply with safe systems of work, risk assessment in line with company Health & Safety Policy and Procedures
- Proven record of physical and manual work
- Team player
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
The role is based in Scunthorpe and is commutable from Doncaster, Gainsborough, Goole, Immingham and Hull.