Port Steel Operatives
PORT STEEL OPERATIVES
Various opportunities (see below)
GROVEPORT, GUNNESS, SCUNTHORPE
£OTE UP TO £40K (with OT), salary and terms to be discussed at interview
We are recruiting for Steel Operatives on day shift (06:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 22:00 alternate weeks) and also one night shift operative (18:00 – 05:30 Mon – Fri evenings), also shunters to work on the steel operation loading trailers. Experience would be an advantage (e.g. Forklift Licence, or LGV) however full training will be given.
The needs of the business require working flexible hours from Monday to Sunday (working five days out of the seven). The standard working week is 37.5 hours, the company will determine hours of work with overtime being paid after the basic working week. We are seeking enthusiastic operatives who are punctual and not afraid of hard work, outside and in all weathers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Loading steel products onto vehicles destined for customers
- Use of heavy machinery – overhead cranes, 16 and 18 tonne FLT
- Overall responsibility for ensuring safe loading of cargo
- General steel work
- Maintain good housekeeping at all work areas
- Adhere to safe working in the workplace and at all times comply with safe systems of work, risk assessment in line with company Health & Safety Policy and Procedures
- Proven record of physical and manual work
- Team player
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
26 days hols + bank hols, Company Pension Scheme, Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme
The role is based in Scunthorpe and is commutable from Doncaster, Gainsborough, Goole, Immingham and Hull.