National Prodution Manager
National Production Manager
Bury St Edmunds – UK Travel required
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client, a leading manufacture within the construction industry, for an exceptional Group Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager to join at a senior level. With responsibility for a team of 4 Production Managers and indirect reports of circa 100 staff this is a key position within the company. You will have responsibility for ensuring the production function is fully equipped to meet current and future production requirements, delivering continuous improvements, ensure delivery of KPI’s and unlocking the potential of the teamyou’re your colleagues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set and monitor KPIs for all production sites, along with reacting to variances to safety, quality and cost targets
- Ensure Production Managers can effectively manage production and their teams on a daily basis
- Provide Production Managers with the tools & skills required to undertake their roles as well as identifying and developing continual career development for team members
- Identify new technologies and working practices
- Identify areas of improvement in relation to people, planning and processes.
- Leading improvement projects.
- Continuous improvement activities with a medium to longer term view of production
- Refining of Manufacturing processes to improve efficiency adopting a lean approach to production.
- Develop and present proposals to the Director for new production methods and equipment
- To ensure safe working practices are maintained across all sites
- Be an inspiring and influential leader with an understanding and experience of HR processes and procedures
- Maintain professional environment, and creating and maintaining a culture of equality and fairness
- Regular visits to the various production sites working closely with the Production Managers
The role offers an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate and requires the following skills and experience
- Strong workload management experience, including effective time management, prioritising and delegation of responsibility, with focus on team building, coaching and skills development
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Problem solving ability
- Able to build rapport with the wider business with a focus towards stakeholder management
- Production management experience at a senior level essential
- Experience of manufacture within a construction related product
- People management, with the ability to implement and drive change;
- Proven experience of delivering sustained productivity, and cost improvements
- Positive and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Work with Integrity
- A leader and motivator of teams
- Flexibility for travel throughout the UK, with some overnight stays as required
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ensuring full use of staff training and development opportunities are identified.
The role represents a great career opportunity for someone who is ready for their next rewarding challenge. You may currently be employed as a Senior Production Manager, Manufacturing manager, Head of Manufacturing, Operations Manager or Head of Operations.