Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
Mechanical & Electrical Engineers
Continental shifts C£33 – £36K (DOE) + OT + ongoing training + career development
(Other shifts available)
Due to continued expansion our national, well known, client needs to increase their team of Shift Engineers. We are seeking Engineers with a Mechanical or Electrical bias, either recently qualified or time served with a proven track record. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, winning team, personal development and on-going training is guaranteed. Ideally you will be a Maintenance Engineer/Technician from a manufacturing or food environment, or forces trained, looking to further develop your career with this prestigious company.
Key Maintenance Engineer responsibilities:
- Carry out proactive and reactive maintenance to ensure minimum product downtime
- Contribute to implementing new working methods and actively participate in continuous improvement
- Ensure consistency in quality of work across the various lines
- Ensure smooth changeovers/handovers between shifts
- To actively and analytically fault find
- To understand company performance measurements such as OEE, Scrap, Spoilage, Cycle etc.
- Promote and adhere to the Company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring that all tasks are carried out to the safe systems of work provided by management
Personal specification for Maintenance / Mechanical Engineer:
- Time served with a recognised apprenticeship
- Experience & understanding of automated manufacturing systems
- Electrical understanding desirable, not essential
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of control systems & PLC’s
- A hands-on team player with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working unsupervised
- Ability to demonstrate previous involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
If you are currently working as a Site Engineer, Production Engineer, Shift Engineer, Plastic Moulding Engineer, Factory Engineer or have a good knowledge of water treatment, pneumatics and hydraulics then this may be an interesting role for you.
If you live in Lincoln, Market Rasen, Louth, Brigg, Coningsby, Gainsborough, Boston, Sleaford or Skegness this may well be within commutable distance for you.
- Company benefits include – Pension Scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Perkz on-line discount scheme
- In-house Occupational Health
- Discount on Group products