Hours 40 pw (rotating shifts 6-2 / 2-12 / 8-4)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Engineer (with electrical bias) to join the local arm of a global agricultural organisation. Working as part of the maintenance team your role will be to safely repair, modify and service production machinery and its ancillary equipment. This work will include breakdown repairs, machine overhauls and modifications, PPM, TPM and continuous improvement projects.
Key Maintenance Technician / Engineer responsibilities:
- Carry out maintenance activities on site through effective planned/preventative maintenance routines and timely response to unplanned breakdowns.
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Follow strict Health & Safety procedures and Permit to Work
- Carry out and/or follow Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Support overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) by proactively working to improve plant reliability and availability.
- Use the computerised preventive maintenance system
Personal Specification Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Craftsman, with Electrical bias qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience gained within a similar production environment.
- High level of safety awareness and a good understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act and other attendant regulations.
- Experience of COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) Regulations is highly desirable.
- Understanding and experience of PLC’s and pneumatics is highly desirable as is experience with robotic/automated equipment.
- Able to produce, read and interpret electrical schematics, P&ID’s and engineering drawings..
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Good problem solving skills, able to diagnose and correct faults.
- Basic level of IT competence
The company offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including pension and private health in addition to supporting and career development.
If you live in York, or around the areas of Market Wheaton, Selby, Goole this would be commutable distance.
You may currently be working as a Field Based Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Site Maintenance Engineer.
***Please note that this position is being handled by our sister company Russell Williams Executive Search***