£Excellent plus benefits
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager with experience of export container and road freight transportation to join part of a global export organisation. Reporting to the plant Manager and managing a team of 3 you will have responsibility for the management of the global export function from initial request through to fulfilment of orders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Procurement and management of container and road freight whilst negotiating best rates
- Development and improvement of export administration processes
- Compliance with dangerous goods regulation
- Develop and promote electronic documentation and processes
- Adhere to all Health and safety rules and regulations
- Working closely with warehouse management
- Planning loads and stock requirements
- Management of sales and company purchase order processes
- Key contact within the business unit
As part of the management team you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably a degree in Logistics or qualified by experience
- Experience of transporting dangerous goods
- Knowledge of IMDG, ADR and VGM regulations
- Strong IT skills, preferably including SAP
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes
- Team player
- Excellent leadership skills
If you live in York, or around the areas of Market Wheaton, Selby, Goole this would be commutable distance.
You may currently be working as Export Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Freight forwarding or Freight forwarder.
***Please note that this position is being handled by our sister company Russell Williams Executive Search***