£Attractive, depending on experience
Our client, a global organisation, are recruiting for a Transport Coordinator based at their facility in Pocklington. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport / Logistics specialist to join a friendly, dynamic team responsible for the efficient and timely transportation of products globally
- Liaising with freight forwarders regarding road and sea freight bookings, ensuring all ADR requirements are met.
- Process and prepare documentation as required by freight forwarders, shipping lines and other business units
- Optimise carrier selection
- Work to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and colleagues
- At all times adhere to company Health & Safety policy
- Good level of education
- Previous experience of working in a busy logistics office essential
- Proven team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive and self-driven approach
- Extensive knowledge of SAP, although not essential as training will be provided.
If you live in York, or around the areas of Market Wheaton, Selby, Goole this would be commutable distance.
You may currently be working as Export coordinator, Transport Administrator, Logistics Administrator, Freight forwarding or Freight forwarder.
***Please note that this position is being handled by our sister company Russell Williams Executive Search***