IT Support Technician
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
1st Line Support
Excellent salary and company benefits
We have a newly created position for a 1st Line Support Technician to join the growing team of our port operator at Groveport. Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager (based in Teesport) we are seeking a 1st Line Field Service Engineer to support the business that has become heavily reliant on IT in order to manage its systems, processes and external customer interface to drive efficiencies and service improvement via IT based technologies.
Key responsibilities – 1st Line Support Technician:
- 1st line IT support on MS Windows 10 Desktops, Office 365
- 1st line IT Support on internal Business Applications, utilising procedures provided by the Business Application owners.
- Installation of desktops, laptops, printers and other peripherals across the Humber region and Southern sites.
- Field support of any IT issues arising in the Humber region and other southern sites.
- Creation of Active Directory accounts and Mailboxes.
- Checking Symantec NetBackup Backups and performing restores.
- Ensuring calls are logged, updated and categorised correctly using the Service Desk Application.
- Ensure calls are escalated to the relevant teams where 1st line fix is not possible.
- Build PC’s and Laptops, when required, from a standard image using Microsoft SCCM (Training will be provided).
- Follow to the PD Ports Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes
Personal specification – Field Service Engineer:
- Software installation, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to foster good working relationships with other technology teams and business units
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Valid full UK Driving Licence