Information Systems Analyst
Information Systems Analyst
£28k – £30k (DOE)
Our well known, well established Charity is seeking an Information Systems Analyst to join their friendly team. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Performance, this is a newly created and exciting role responsible for producing and supporting the use of information that is critical to the successful running of this charity responsible for saving lives in Lincolnshire.
The successful applicant will have a track record of turning data into meaningful information, with the ability to communicate this effectively to stakeholders with varying levels of expertise. As our ‘information guru’ you will work collaboratively with the wider LIVES team to develop and own all aspects of our performance information including key performance indicator dashboards.
The Information and Systems Analyst will be able to collaborate with other members of the team and help them to understand the value of information in their role. You will be inquisitive and interested in understanding all areas of the organisation and team members needs in order to support them in getting the most out of the information.
As the Information Systems Analyst you will be responsible for the ongoing management of systems and the data that underpins the whole of the charity. Your role will include maximising internal systems capabilities and ensuring the integrity and quality of our data. The data analyst will be able to use a variety of reporting methods to tell our stories as an organisation to a wide range of audiences from commissioners and grant funders to our trustees and other colleagues. You will be able to manage and integrate a number of different data streams across all areas of the charity, and work with your colleagues to identify new datasets for development and analysis.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional charity, make the job your own and enjoy supporting your colleagues with your passion for analysing, developing and managing systems.
Key responsibilities – Information Systems Analyst:
- Oversight of data collection and assurance of data quality across all systems
- Provide effective analysis of data, clearly articulating observations, trends and recommendations
- Support the management team, board and colleagues in the interpretation of performance information
- Provide reporting for all stakeholders as required including grant funders, media enquiries and other interested parties
- Develop and maintain a suite of dashboards including a range of easily accessible self-service reports that provide relevant and reliable information to inform decision-making
- Identify and collate data for audit and research in conjunction with the Governance Manager, clinical leads and medics/responders undertaking research
- Provide information and data for contract reporting in conjunction with Governance Manager and Head of Finance & Performance
- Administer, analyse and report outcomes of volunteer and staff surveys
- Responsible for Internal systems – ePassport/Salesforce/MyHRToolkit/Xero/Workplace – systems administration
- Identify system improvements or opportunities for different methods of utilising the system to drive increased efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Lead delivery of system implementations
- Provide advice and guidance on all technical aspects of our systems, organise and support training to all staff accessing those systems and ensure records of training and updates are maintained
- Main point of contact with IT providers including ensuring SLA monitoring and procurement of hardware as required
- Management of VOIP and mobile phones
- Ensure compliance with all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective systems management
Personal Specification – Information Systems Analyst:
- Strong IT skills, and ideally experience of a Microsoft 365 environment
- Experience of working with analytics tools, particularly Power BI (or similar)
- Advanced analytical skills and advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.
- Experience of implementing new systems and data migration
- A standard DBS check will be required and a drivers licence (with no more than six points) is desirable
- Be a professional and approachable individual with a business-like and friendly attitude
- Be comfortable working with a wide range of people and communicating information in an accessible and friendly manner appropriate to the understanding of the audience
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for using technology to improve the way we support the organisation
- Be able to plan your own workload and prioritise tasks, and work well both as part of a team and independently
- Believe strongly in empowering others to deliver better outcomes for our patients and communities through the information that you provide
If you are currently working as a Senior Data Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, IT Systems Analyst, Systems Information Analyst this may be a great role for you.