HGV 2 Driver
HGV 2 DRIVER (Hiab)
MALTON, NORTH YORKSHIRE
We have a great opportunity for a Class 2 HGV Driver with Hiab experience to join our well established and well know client, with a nationwide network of branches, at their Malton operation. Your role as HGV 2 Driver will be for the timely and safe delivery of timber and building materials to our customer base. This will include multi-drop deliveries for our trade and retail customers. If you have previously worked in a merchant yard this would be a great opportunity to further develop your skills. The role provides sociable working hours starting and finishing your day from the branch.
Personal Specification – HGV 2 Driver:
· A minimum Class 2 HGV driving licence (ideally clean) with Driver Qualification Card/Driver CPC.
· Zero endorsements preferred; any endorsements must be stated at application stage.
· A minimum 12 months’ HGV driving experience ideally including 90 days tachograph recorded driving in the last 180 days, with current/working Digi/tacho card.
· Have a positive approach to Health & Safety.
· Good understanding of Driver Hours & WTD Regulations.
· Excellent driving skills.
· Experience of multidrop deliveries.
· Ideally experienced and hold a current accredited certificate in the safe operation of Lorry Mounted Loaders (including remote).
· Forklift Truck experience beneficial, although training will be provided for the right candidate.
· Knowledge of local area and experience of working within a Builders Merchant would be beneficial.
Key Responsibilities – HGV 2 Driver:
· Ensure all goods are loaded, secured and delivered safely and professionally
· Ensure all required paperwork is competed at point of delivery/collection.
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Operate in accordance with training and HTG’s Policies & Procedures.
· Comply with Health and Safety legislation, Company Health and Safety policies and procedures and current EU Road Transport Regulations at all times.
· Ensure the delivery vehicle is roadworthy and daily vehicle walk rounds have been completed and recorded.