Fork-lift Truck Driver
FORK LIFT TRUCK DRIVER (S)
Working outdoors mainly
Shifts (6 – 2 – 2 – 10) £9.62 ph
We have immediate permanent vacancies for Forklift Truck Drivers to join our well-known Horncastle client. As one of a team of FLT Drivers you will be responsible for the safe and correct loading of lorries, (the majority of loads are not palletised). You will not be afraid of working outside, (a full set of PPE will be provided) in all conditions, loading lorries with mixed loads of pipework. Fork Lift Truck Drivers will need to be numerate and literate, ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and in a readable manner.
Key FLT Driver responsibilities:
- Report to Yard Office at start of shift for loading requirements for shift
- Select correct trailer for load, ensure checks are carried out and correct paperwork is available
- Ensure that loading of trailer takes place in a designated loading bay
- Request trailer is moved to lorry park once loaded
- Repair/report any damaged goods found during shift
- At all times maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Inform team leader/manager of any suggestions you may have to improve the working area
- At all times maintain the company H&S policy and report and discrepancies
Key Fork Lift Driver skills:
- Numerate and literate
- Certified FLT licence by accredited body
- Good timekeeper
- Used to working outdoors
- Experienced FLT driver
- Proven experience with lorry loading
Full PPE will be provided.
The company offer many benefits including a cycle to work scheme (after 6 months working), discount on products, good pension scheme.