PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS
8 hour shifts
We are seeking factory operatives to work within a busy plastic manufacturing company. Working as part of a team you will be responsible for the safe running of extrusion, moulding and polymer processing machines. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Production Operatives to progress their career within this exciting, fast growing company. Previous factory experience is essential, equally important is your enthusiasm and ability to contribute to the team.
- At all times work in a manner that ensures the safety of you and all others in the work area.
- Notify your Supervisor of any H&S risks, using the incident report form which is available in the Shift Leader’s office.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to the Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) provided by the management.
- At all times have available in the work area and use the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the tasks you are carrying out.
- Ensure that the product you are producing complies fully with the specification sheet and that it is fit for purpose.
- Complete initial quality and production check on your line and complete the necessary paperwork for these.
- Obtain all of the necessary connectors, cross straps and woods required for the shift.
- Confer with your Supervisor regarding your gauges and instruments.
- Ensure your machine area is clean and tidy all shift, especially on hand over.
- Fill in all relevant paperwork correctly and completely, this includes quality, IFS and production sheets.
- Always get permission from your Supervisor before leaving your machine.
- Make sure your hourly samples are shown to and signed by your Supervisor.
- Report any breakdowns to your Supervisor.
- Assist with grinding scrap product and rework as directed by your Supervisor.
- Ensure all quality samples are labelled correctly and taken to the lab.
- Ensure all quality paperwork is placed in the tray in the lab.
- Ensure all production sheets are taken to the Shift Leader’s office at midnight.
- Inform your Supervisor of any loss of production or deviation from the specification sheets.
- Start and stop lines safely, completing all required checks.
- Good attention to detail
- Good timekeeping
- A good standard of written and oral English
- Proven ability to work well within an established team
- Flexible approach to busy workload
- C Grade in Maths and English Language GCSE or equivalent
Keywords: manufacturing experience, manufacturing, manufacturing environment, extrusion machines, continuous improvement initiatives, Horncastle, Woodhall Spa, Bardney, Wragby, Partney, Raithby, Spilsby, Coningsby, Billinghay, Revesby, East Kirkby, Stickney, Alford, Louth, Market Rasen, Lincoln, North Hykeham