Engineering Maintenance Manager
ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE MANAGER
We are seeking an Engineering Maintenance Manager to join the growing, friendly team of our prestigious, well established client in Horncastle. This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Engineering Manager to work within a world class manufacturing environment renowned throughout the paper sack industry for its award-winning print capabilities and leading supplier of paper sacks.
The Multi-skilled Engineering Manager will have at least three years’ experience in a fast- paced manufacturing environment at supervisory or management level and be a fully qualified Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias.
The main duty of the Engineering Maintenance Manager will be the responsibility of the engineering department’s continuous maintenance of equipment and machinery across the site. You will be responsible for a team of engineers seeking continuous improvement in all areas for planned and reactive maintenance on all production machinery, ensuring a fast effective delivery of electrical and mechanical fault finding.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION – ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE MANAGER:
- Multiskilled in electrical and mechanical engineering and hold a recognised qualification in manufacturing, production or mechanical engineering eg HNC, HND, BTEC, or have served a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Qualified to the 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an engineering supervisory or management role within a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with TPM, planned routine maintenance, fault-finding methods and an understanding of electronics.
- Knowledge or experience of PLC systems, DC Drives, Inverters, Hyrdraulic and pneumatic systems
- Proven track record in delivery of key objectives and measures.
- Proven ability to manage priorities and projects.
- Strong verbal and numerical skills and computer literate.
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE MANAGER:
- Plan and undertake routine Planned Maintenance and checks, on all site machinery/facilities as scheduled, highlighting any potential faults by way of maintenance requisitions.
- Deliver fast, effective electrical and mechanical fault finding / trouble shooting and put corrective measures into action.
- Respond, diagnose, and deal with breakdowns, problems and repairs, in liaison with the Process Manager as required.
- Control maintenance tools, stores, spare parts and equipment via stores allocation.
- Be available when on call to ensure effective response and resolution of reported maintenance issues.
- Ensure all team members carry out Preventative Maintenance as required within the set timescales, and all items requiring rectification are completed in a timely manner.
- Carry out daily walk around and liaise with operators in monitoring machine performance for quality and optimum output.
- Ensure that a high level of housekeeping is set and maintained in the engineering workshop.