We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Compliance Manager to join the well- established team of one of the UK’s leading independent suppliers of building protection systems to clients throughout the UK, Europe and Middle East. This is a newly created position, reporting directly to the Operations Director, with overall responsibility for Quality, Health & Safety and Environment for the site, ensuring that the Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times. The Compliance Manager will also ensure that the quality of products manufactured by the company meet and exceed customer’s specifications, working to ISO 9001 and 14001. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Compliance Manager, ideally from a manufacturing background, to join a business that is enjoying serious investment and is growing fast – your expertise and knowledge of all matters concerning Quality, Health and Safety, together with your analytical mind will allow you to take total ownership of all compliance matters.
Key Duties & Responsibilities – Compliance Manager
- Manage arrangements for health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace
- Ensure full compliance to legal and HESQ Corporate requirements and agreed KPIs
- Monitor and report on site safety performance
- Development and maintain the site safety management and quality management systems
- Advise on all Quality, HESQ legislative, regulatory and compliance standards applicable to the site
- Manage and monitor SISIRI, site safety audits, product quality audits, systematic inspection and behaviour-based safety and quality programmes
- Develop, lead and monitor H&S risk assessment and quality audit programmes
- Manage incident investigation process (accidents/near miss) both internally and externally
- Ensure contractors operate on site within the company’s safety rules
- Facilitate SHIP team meetings across the site
- Identify, develop and deliver HESQ and audit training
- Maintain, administer and manage internal/external audits of the Quality Management System, ISO 9001 & 14001
- Monitor customer complaints, employee feedback and ensure efficient timely handling of feedback by management
- To be available for work at other company sites (e.g. audits) as and when required.
- Any other duties and reasonably expected by management.
Person Specification – Quality Compliance Manager
- Preferably NEBOSH Diploma accredited or working towards this qualification
- Conversant with Quality Management Systems, BSI ISO 9001, 14001
- Minimum of 5 years in a HESQ or Quality role
- Previous experience of working within a production environment, ideally polymer but not essential
- Proven ability to lead Health and Safety, key influencer and implementer
- Team player & excellent communicator
- Analytical with an eye for detail and proactive in implement change
If you are currently working as a Quality Manager, H&S Manager, Health & Safety Executive, HESQ Manager, Health & Safety Auditor, QA Manager this may well be a great opportunity for you.