Hours 8:30 – 4:00 pm
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Accounts Assistant to join a well-established, family run, storage and warehousing organisation based just outside of Skegness. You will need to be an Accounts Assistant/PA with a very strong character and friendly disposition, used to dealing with customers and clients of many different disciplines and personalities! If you enjoy a varied, multi-tasking role, where you will be required to use your own initiative to prioritise a busy work schedule and don’t mind working on your own, albeit you will have a steady stream of visitors/clients into your office, this will be a perfect job for you. The Accounts Assistant/PA will primarily be responsible for the running of the office, including preparation of accounts up to trial balance, dealing with storage clients, farmers (for grain storage) and PA duties for the MD. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of this busy business where you can enjoy a thorough handover with the current PA who is leaving, after 20+ years of service, to enjoy retirement.
Key Accounts Assistant/PA duties:
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance
- Daily banking (via internet)
- Administering credit card payments, in the office/over the telephone
- Dealing with clients coming into the office
- Compiling daily spreadsheets for caravan/container storage, using their own dedicated computer system for customer records/invoicing etc.
- Daily monitoring of bird seed storage (dealing with farmers, hauliers)
- PA duties for MD
Personal specification Accounts Assistant/PA:
- Excellent pc skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher)
- Knowledge of Sage accounts package.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Excellent customer service skills