Head of Fundraising and Marketing – Charity
£50,000 plus benefits
Broughton, North Lincolnshire
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a strategic minded Fundraising Manager to join our client, on the way to being one of the most well-known dog rescue charities in the UK. Joining at an exciting time in the charity’s history you will have responsibility for the Strategic Lead on the review, development and implementation of the Fundraising and Marketing strategies for the charity, securing the resources required to deliver its strategic objectives, both now and in the future.
You will develop a strategic view of the charity’s fundraising, marketing and community engagement work pulling everything together into a single plan for income generation. You will also love working with people, taking a lead role in developing and nurturing relationships with a wide group of internal and external stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the review and implementation of the fundraising and marketing strategies to meet strategic objectives and gain financial sustainability
- Manage and lead the Fundraising Manager and Marketing Manager to implement and deliver the income and budget requirement.
- Identify opportunities for growth in existing areas of income generation and identify and develop new opportunities for diversifying income streams, developing business cases for new developments within income generation.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the Fundraising income targets and marketing KPI’s working with the Managers to deliver plans, adjust to results and learning with decisive actions and reallocate resources as necessary.
- Lead the preparation of annual operational plans and budgets, supported by the Fundraising and Marketing Managers, to support the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Inspire, build and develop a communicative and positive Team with a positive culture and robust ways of working, encouraging cross function relationships and working environments.
- Develop and review relevant policies and procedures to ensure safe, effective practice and ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures
- Respond to media enquiries on wide-ranging topics, delivering prompt and appropriate communications.
- Act as an ambassador for Jerry Green Dog Rescue, including; undertaking speaking engagements, acting as a spokesperson with the media, attending in-house events, networking events and conferences
Required skills and experience
- Previous Fundraising Management experience from within a charitable of not-for-profit organisation is essential
- Previous strategic planning and delivering on target experience
- People management experience
- Strategic planning with focus on income generation
- An inspirational leader with the ability to motivate staff to excel as individuals and as a team.
- Self-motivated and tenacious, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Record of achieving income targets and objectives
- Financial and budget management
- Exceptional communication skills
An exciting and challenging role awaits the successful candidate. Benefits include EAP, Enhanced holidays, Enhanced sick pay and free parking at the central office.