MECHANICAL TRAILER FITTER
07.30 – 15.30 (Mon – Fri)
£Excellent + Excellent benefits, see below
Our client, one of the UK’s leading Port Operators, is seeking to add to their team an experienced Trailer Fitter to undertake servicing and repair work on trailers within the Port at Teesport. Remuneration is excellent (well above average for Trailer Fitters) and is based on working 162.5 hours per month.
As an experienced Trailer Fitter, you will be required to undertake planned maintenance and servicing predominately of trailers such as Montracon/Dennison tri axle trailers maintained to the company’s “0” license, and Tinsley/Seacom terminal trailers. You would also be required to respond to breakdowns and failures using problem-solving techniques to return the equipment to service with minimum downtime. You will need a full driving licence for this role in order to attend on site breakdowns.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will assist in planning maintenance and servicing activities in line with statutory requirements and manufacturers specifications.
As the role is within a multi-skilled and fully flexible working environment, skills in other trades would be a distinct advantage. Experience of pneumatic systems, burning, welding and trailer electrics would also be desirable.
Mechanical Fitter Personal Specification:
- A time served apprentice trained fitter, qualified to City & Guilds level 3, or ONC
- Port experience would be advantageous
- Highly motivated and proactive approach to Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations – i.e. LOLER/PUWER
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office
- Good team player
- Flexible and reliable
- Clean Driving Licence
- Ability to read Hydraulic, Pneumatic and electrical drawings would be advantageous
- Capable of making decisions quickly and effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to access Training and Development
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- PPE provided – Overalls etc.
- Employee Assistance Program for personal support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
The work entails working outside in all weather conditions and the ability to work at heights being fully committed to working to health and safety best practice.
The ideal candidate will hold an ONC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, as a minimum and is likely to have at least three years’ experience following completion of a formal apprenticeship.
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive salary, excellent terms and conditions of employment with an opportunity to build a career with the business