MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Shifts 4 on 4 off days (10 hours days 07:00 – 17:00)
We are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join the small maintenance team who support a high-volume modern CO2 Dry Ice manufacturing and packaging facility. The main responsibility of the Maintenance Fitter will be to carry out planned maintenance and troubleshoot equipment faults as necessary to ensure safe and reliable operation of the plant. We are seeking a Maintenance Technician who is a good team player with the ability to work independently when necessary. In addition, you will have a positive attitude towards health and safety and safe systems of work.
Key responsibilities for Maintenance Fitter:
- To maintain CO2 Dry Ice production & packaging facilities, checking, testing and mechanical maintenance of plant machinery and components, equipment overhauls and replacement of defective parts.
- Planning, recording, and reporting on work carried out.
- Working in accordance with Health, Safety & Quality Policy, safety principles and health and safety legislation.
- Assisting with continuous improvement of plant maintenance and development of plant maintenance procedures.
- Spare part sourcing and management.
Qualifications & Experience Maintenance Fitter:
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering Maintenance – Mechanical
- Plant maintenance of; conveyors, gearboxes, drive systems, packaging equipment, hydraulic machinery and components, pressure systems and components.
- Effective investigation and resolution of faults.
- CMMS (computer maintenance management systems) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Reading technical drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems, compressors and safety valve testing would be advantageous but not essential.