HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
£DOE + Benefits
MON – FRI
Are you a Health & Safety Advisor ready to embark on a dynamic career path where every day brings new challenges and opportunities? If you have a passion for safety and are eager to make a difference in a variety of industries, we want you! We are seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to join our diverse team, and yes – trainees with no experience are more than welcome, provided you have a driving licence, and are willing to undergo NEBOSH training.
Working for a well-established, privately owned, provider of health and safety solutions in the East Midlands you will be supported by the Directors and a team of Administrators. There will be a degree of travel to client premises predominantly within the East Midlands area (approximately two hours travel from Boston office) although we do have clients further away and occasional overnights are required.
This is an exciting opportunity for either an experienced H&S Advisor or an eager trainee to join a forward-thinking organisation that values fresh perspectives and encourages continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities Health & Safety Advisor:
To provide a high-quality, proactive health and safety service to our clients, to include:
- Conducting site safety inspections or audits at client premises and compiling reports on findings
- Preparing health and safety policies, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work, COSHH assessments, etc.
- Conducting in-depth risk assessments, e.g., fire, or incident investigations and making recommendations
- Providing telephone and email support to clients
- Liaising with colleagues, suppliers, enforcing authorities and other stakeholders
- Reviewing existing, developing new and presenting training courses
- Assisting your colleagues to help develop, promote and grow our business
Personal specification Health & Safety Advisor:
- Previous experience in health and safety is an asset, but not mandatory for trainee applicants who must be willing to undertake NEBOSH training
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work collaboratively with various teams but also on own initiative
- Computer literate
Company benefits include a competitive salary, 30 days holiday (rising to 35, including bank holidays), pension scheme, health insurance (after 6 months), death in service.