GOODS IN OPERATOR
£9.80 – £10.40 p.h.
Days 08:00 – 16:30
We are seeking a Goods In Operator, ideally with a forklift licence (although training could be provided), to work in a busy yard and warehouse. The main purpose of the role of Goods In/Warehouse Operator is to ensure that all materials are received, receipted and put away in a controlled and timely manner, including returns. You will need a full driving licence as some of our storage facilities are based at off site locations. This role will suit someone who has worked in a warehouse or goods inwards environment and enjoys a busy varied role.
Personal specification Goods in Operative:
- C Grade in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- FLT licence desirable, although not essential as full training could be provided
- Previous experience of working within a good in/warehouse type environment
- Experience of receipting material into an IT system
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Key responsibilities – Goods in FLT Driver:
- At all times work in a manner that ensures the safety of yourself and all others
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to the Safe System of Work
- At all times in the work area use/wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Put away material/goods into the collect locations
- Ensure that material is stored in safe and controlled manner
- Ensure that all paperwork is received, signed with all deliveries and passed for receipt in real time
- Liaise with planning/operations to ensure availability of all materials
- Keep the work area and surrounding areas clean at all times
- In addition, you will be expected to carry out any other task that can be reasonably expected
- Company benefits include company pension (3% employer and 5% employee), 2x Life Assurance benefit, 25 days annual leave, discount on group products, cycle to work scheme, free flu vouchers, health and well-being initiatives, including occupational health on-site physiotherapy and counselling services, Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 confidential telephone helpline support), free on-site parking.