DECKHAND – NWRC
£Excellent + excellent benefits
Days, one week on one week off, 12.5 hour days
We have a great opportunity for a qualified Deckhand (Navigational Watch Rating Certificate) to join one of the UK’s leading Port Operators who employ over 1,200 staff around the UK. Joining a team of Deckhands you will carry out a range of navigational and engine room duties onboard PD Teesport’s fleet of dredging, buoy service and workboat vessels serving the ports of Tees and Hartlepool.
Holding a NWRC and a valid ENG 1 Medical Certificate it would also be useful if you held an Engine Room Watch Rating Certificate.
Working a rotating shift of one week on, one week off, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, commencing at 07:00 hours daily, you will work a 37.5 hour week and a contracted 162.5 hours per month.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation who offer career progression, training opportunities and good pay and benefits.
Personal specification – Deckhand:
- Navigational Watch Rating Certificate mandatory
- Engine Room Watch Rating Certificate desirable
- Eng1 Medical Certificate
- Strong team player
- Good communication skills
Key responsibilities – Deckhand:
- Mooring and unmooring of vessel
- Navigational watch-keeping duties
- Maintenance of deck equipment
- Vessel housekeeping
- Operation of dredge equipment
- Assisting with bunkering and watering of vessel
- Providing relief cover between PD fleet of vessels
- Providing support and resource to the OPRC function as required
- Assisting with planned maintenance items
- Adhering to the companies H&S and environmental compliance at all times
- General duties as required